The top of the ACC looks exactly like no one predicted.
Welcome to the end of September where the ACC is basically out of college football playoff discussion. The three preseason Top 25 teams in the conference all now have 2 losses and the only 2 teams who are still undefeated are Wake Forest and Boston College. Clemson has some serious offensive issues, and North Carolina has serious defensive problems. The ACC Wheel of Destiny is back as just about anyone can make it to Charlotte this year.
Here is the week 4 Power Rankings.
1. Wake Forest (4-0) – The Demon Deacons were dominant offensively in a 37-17 win over Virginia. Sam Hartman threw for 3 scores in the win. Next Game Louisville
2. North Carolina St (3-1) – The Wolfpack shook up not only the ACC but the playoff race as well with their upset of Clemson 27-21. Devin Leary threw the game winning TD in OT number 2. Next Game Louisiana Tech
3. Boston College (4-0) – How good are the Eagles really? Beating Missouri 41-34 is one thing, but beating Clemson this week would prove a lot more. Next Game Clemson
5. Louisville (3-1) – Malik Cunningham was great on Saturday accounting for 4 TDs in a 31-23 win over FSU. Next Game @ Wake Forest
6. Clemson (2-2) – What has happened to the Clemson offense? They can’t run it and they can’t throw it, and now are out of the playoff race. Next Game Boston College
7. Pittsburgh (3-1) – They won 77-7 over New Hampshire and Dick Vitale said nothing about it. Kenny Pickett has 15 TDs early in the year. Next Game @ Georgia Tech
8. Georgia Tech (2-2) – Geoff Collins picked up a monumental win over UNC and seems to have turned the corner. Jeff Sims came off the bench to reclaim his QB job. Next Game Pittsburgh
9. Duke (3-1) – Gunnar Holmberg tied a school record with 4 rushing TDs in a demolition job of Kansas 52-33. Next Game @ North Carolina
10. North Carolina (2-2) Oh how the mighty have fallen. Sam Howell was sacked 8 times and looked unsure of where to throw the ball in a 45-22 loss to Georgia Tech. Next Game Duke
11. Virginia (2-2) – The Cavaliers are terrible on defense and had no luck slowing down Wake Forest, losing 37-17. Brennan Armstrong will have to carry them weekly basis. Next Game @ Miami
12. Syracuse (3-1) – Andre Szymt nailed a game winner as time expired as the Orange took down Liberty 24-21. Next Game @ FSU
13. Miami (2-2) – The only thing more explosive than Miami’s output Saturday were Kirk Herbstreit’s comments on College Gameday about the state of Miami’s program. Next Game Virginia
14. FSU (0-4) – How many games will they actually win? At this point 3 seems like a lofty goal. Next Game Syracuse
The ACC is completely up for grabs and this week could separate the top of each division. Clemson looks as vulnerable as they ever have, so let’s see if Wake or GT or VT or anyone can take down the Tigers monopoly on the conference.