Photo by Dannie Walls/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
The top of the rankings remain unchanged as Clemson continues to be the top dog.
Nothing has changed at the top of the rankings as Clemson and Notre Dame notched impressive wins over the weekend. The fight or the spot opposite Clemson in the ACC Title game will be fierce as we get into the midway point of the season. North Carolina, Miami and Notre Dame will all continue to mark their territory as to who is 2nd best in the conference.
Here are the Week 6 Power Rankings
1.Clemson (4-0) -Clemson is the Becky Lynch or Ric Flair of the ACC. Simply put they are “The Man” and proved so in a lopsided win over Miami 42-17. The score wasn’t even that close and if not for a few blocked kicks the Tigers would’ve hung 50 on the Canes. Next Game Saturday 12:00PM @ Georgia Tech
2. Notre Dame (3-0) – Notre Dame passed one of their perceived hurdles by rolling FSU 42-26. The Fighting Irish got 201 yards and 2 scores from Ian Book in an easy victory. Next Game Saturday 2:30PM vs Louisville
3. North Carolina (3-0) -The Tar Heels took a big step towards getting into the ACC Title game by holding off VT 56-45. UNC rolled to 656 yards of total offense including 399 on the ground. Next Game Saturday 7:00PM @ FSU
4. Miami (3-1) – All of the “is Miami back” conversations should subside after a rough outing at Clemson. D’Eriq King had the toughest game of his career throwing a couple of picks and struggling overall throwing the football. Next Game Saturday 12:00PM vs Pittsburgh
5. Virginia Tech (2-1) – VT tried to rally from 21-0 down, but could not complete the comeback losing to UNC 56-45. Hendon Hooker got his 1st game action and notched 3 scores total for the Hokies. Next Game Saturday 8:00PM vs Boston College
6. North Carolina St (3-1) – The Wolfpack are starting to hit their stride, and held on 38-21 after jumping to a 24-0 lead over UVA. Devin Leary threw for 2 scores in the victory. Next Game Saturday 3:30PM vs Duke
7. Boston College (3-1) Phil Jurkovec threw for 358 yards and 3 TDs in a 31-30 overtime win over Pitt. BC was held to just 30 yards rushing in the victory. Next Game Saturday 8:00PM @ Virginia Tech
8. Pittsburgh (3-2) – For the 2nd straight week the Panthers lost a heartbreaker, this time to BC 31-30 in OT. Alex Kessman missed the extra point that would have tied the game and sent it to an extra session. Next Game Saturday 12:00PM @ Miami
9. Georgia Tech (2-2) – Jeff Sims didn’t turn the ball over and GTs offense erupted for 450 yards in a 46-27 win over Louisville. Next Game Saturday 12:00PM vs Clemson
10. Virginia (1-2) – The Cavaliers turned to Lindell Stone to try and spark a rally, but came up short 38-21 to NC St. Next Game Saturday 4:00PM @ Wake Forest
11. Wake Forest (1-2) Wake Forest got their 1st win of the season 66-14 over Campbell. The Demon Deacons enjoyed a week off and now return to conference play. Next Game Saturday 4:00PM vs Virginia
12. Louisville (1-3) – Just three weeks ago the Cardinals were ranked, now after 3 straight losses, getting to .500 will be an accomplishment. Lost on Friday 46-27 against GT. Next Game Saturday 2:30PM @ Notre Dame
13. 14. 15. Duke, Syracuse and FSU – They all stink, and have combined for 3 wins between them. One was vs Jacksonville St, the other was among the three of them, and the last was a win vs Georgia Tech.
Next Game for Duke Saturday 3:30PM @ NC St
Next Game for Syracuse Saturday Noon vs Liberty
Next Game for FSU Saturday 7:00PM vs UNC