Will the first four picks of the 2021 NFL draft be quarterbacks?
Phinsider Radio show notes for April 6.
- Carolina trades 2020 sixth-round pick, 2022 second-round pick and 2022 fourth-round pick for Sam Darnold.
- Falcons are receiving calls for the No. 4 pick, which would likely be for a quarterback.
Mendel Mock 1.0
6: Kyle Pitts, Florida
- Smith still available, Sewell went four and Chase went five.
- Maybe this is a good situation to move down, but the Dolphins already did that and to have a blue chip like Pitts, can’t go wrong here.
18: Jaelan Phillips, Miami
- Justin Fields still available, might be able to trade this pick.
- Phillips is flexible, can play outside linebacker in 3-4 and edge in 4-3.
- Unlike Charles Harris, he will have an opportunity to work on technique and develop.
- Injury and concussion issues at UCLA.
- HOW WILL THIS TEAM BE IN COLD WEATHER GAMES!?!?
•JESTS trade hey darnold to CAR
•smoke & mirrors szn
•4 QBs in top-5?!?!
•kyle pitts = megazord
•mendel mock v 1.0
•& much more!
— josh houtz (@houtz) April 7, 2021
36: Landon Dickerson, Alabama
- Trio of linebackers in Jamin Davis, Nick Bolton and Zaven Collins staring me in the face.
- Creed Humphry available, went 45.
- Dickerson offers Miami so much flexibility and that keyword, depth.
- Has a lengthy injury history, but not asking for a huge workload, maybe he can grow into his body at the NFL level.
50: Amari Rodgers, Clemson
- If I was doing trades I would’ve jumped up to 45 and snagged Humphrey
- Rondale Moore still there.
- Seems line a no-brainer for what Miami is trying to do.
- Somewhat reminds me of Jarvis Landry, who went 63 overall.
- I think this guy can make his money be developing chemistry with Tua Tagovailoa.
- Draft Network has catch radius as a weakness, good thing Tua will put it in his bread basket.
- I think he is a perfect fit for all the big bodies Miami has.
81: Michael Carter, North Carolina
- Thought long and hard about throwing Josh Myers in at Center.
- Missed out on top-tier of runners, but think the fit here is excellent.
- He can catch out of the backfield and has the ability to beat someone in the open field, something the dolphins really miss.
- He isn’t ground-and-pound, but would make the perfect sidekick to Malcolm Brown or Myles Gaskin.