Quinn joins a long list of potential Jazz HC candidates.
Woj also indicated that Quinn “talked with” the Charlotte Hornets head coaching job — with their final two candidates presumptively being Mike D’Antoni and Kenny Atkinson, the only two coaches (so far) who’ve been reported to have second interviews with Charlotte.
Quinn has spent the last eight years as a Heat assistant after spending one with Northwestern in 2013-14. He’s the longest tenured assistant on Erik Spoelstra’s staff.
The Utah Jazz have requested permission to interview Miami Heat assistant Chris Quinn for franchise’s head coaching job, sources tell ESPN. Quinn also talked with Charlotte for that opening. He has spent eight seasons on Erik Spoelstra’s staff.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 8, 2022
Quinn joins a long list of interviewees for the Jazz’s opening. The others, according to numerous reports, being:
- Will Hardy — Assistant coach, Boston Celtics
- Joe Mazzulla — Assistant coach, Celtics
- Johnnie Bryant — Assistant coach, New York Knicks
- Lamar Skeeter — Assistant coach, Jazz
- Kevin Young — Assistant Coach, Phoenix Suns
- Alex Jenson — Assistant coach, Jazz
- Adrian Griffin — Assistant Coach, Toronto Raptors
- Charles Lee — Assistant coach, Milwaukee Bucks
- Terry Stotts — former head coach Portland Trail Blazers, Atlanta Hawks and Bucks
- Frank Vogel — former head coach Los Angeles Lakers, Orlando Magic and Indiana Pacers
This all comes amid former Jazz head coach Quin Snyder stepping down after eight seasons; the Jazz went 372-264 with six playoff appearances, though they were never to make a conference finals. They’ve been bounced out of the first-round in two of the last three seasons.
This is a breaking news story. Stay tuned for updates.