Chamomile is one of the most widely used herbs in the world because of its antiquity and medicinal properties. This aromatic herb usually breeds in lands located at an altitude of between 1200 and 2000 meters above sea level, in both meadows and dry and mountainous lands.
The origin of this plant is Western Europe, but it spread to different parts of the world until it became popular. Among its most common therapeutic uses are digestion, stress, and anxiety.
Likewise, it has anti-inflammatory and sedative properties that aid sleep and relieve some physical discomforts such as bruising or bruises. In addition, the essential oil (fragrant liquid taken from plants) of chamomile is used in perfumes, shampoos, lotions, and aromatherapy.
To the above is added chamomile, according to the portal Better with healthIf mixed with other plants such as thyme, It relaxes the airways and eliminates potential bacteria present in the lungs.
Also, due to its antibacterial effect in the body, it prevents respiratory diseases, as well as reduces inflammation and fights infection. thus, Chamomile infusion is a good home remedy against influenza, bronchitis, and asthma.
It should be noted that despite the benefits of this plant in the lungs, a specialist should be consulted for its consumption, as Although it helps prevent some respiratory illnesses, it does not replace medical treatment.
On the other hand, there are some natural plants that can help improve the condition of the respiratory system and lung health except for chamomile. Some of these are:
- Eucalyptus: The essential oil it contains helps eliminate mucus and relieves sore throats. People who resort to using it often find quick relief from congestion, cough, and irritated nasal passages. The site notes that the active compound, cineole, gives it an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect that helps treat conditions such as bronchitis, asthma, and the common cold. Learn about live TV.
- Sage: Natural sage drink is a remedy against lung irritation, especially in smokers. Its antibacterial and purifying compounds help eliminate toxic compounds that are retained in their tissues.
- Thyme: This is one of the plants recommended to relieve irritation and congestion of the respiratory tract. Its essential oils exert an antibiotic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory effect, as well as strengthen the immune system, promote cleansing of the lungs, and ensure the portal Better with health. Both the consumption of its infusion and the inhalation of its vapors can serve as a remedy to stimulate the elimination of toxins trapped in the respiratory tract.
- Plantain: It is rich in mucilage that soothes, softens and moisturizes the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, and for this, according to popular culture, it can be useful in relieving bronchitis. It can be taken as an infusion alone or with other plants such as thyme.
- mullein: The leaves and flowers of this plant contain active ingredients that help strengthen and purify the lungs. Its natural extracts promote the elimination of toxins and, by the way, control the excessive production of mucus and inflammation.
- Mint: Its essential oil contains menthol, which is ideal for lung health. This substance refers to the relaxation of smooth muscles in the airways Better with health. also It contains antihistamines and detoxifying properties that help reduce symptoms of respiratory allergies.