The latest Miami Marlins coverage midway through the league championship series.
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- The Mesa Solar Sox lost on Monday, 7-1. Will Banfield went 2-for-4 with an RBI. JJ Bleday, Troy Johnston and Kameron Misner each started the game, too—they combined to go 1-for-12 with seven strikeouts. Josh Simpson walked the bases loaded and allowed a grand slam. Yikes.
- Juan Páez is ready to move on from Lewis Brinson.
- By the numbers, the 2020 Rule 5 draft class—which included Paul Campbell and Zach Pop—was one of the best in decades, writes JJ Cooper of Baseball America.
- The Yankees and Aaron Boone have agreed to a three-year contract, Jack Curry of the YES Network reports, to keep him in place as manager. The Yankees have a .601 regular season winning percentage under Boone since 2018, but only one American League East division title and zero AL pennants.
- The Mets’ search for a top front office executive is off to an inauspicious start. Athletics icon Billy Beane has withdrawn his name from consideration and old friend Mike Hill—who’s currently working for Major League Baseball—hasn’t been contacted by the team yet.
- Miguel Rojas co-hosts The Chris Rose Rotation presented by Jomboy Media while vacationing in the Dominican Republic and offers his MLB postseason analysis. The finger that he injured of his left hand back in May still hasn’t healed. Rojas is hopeful additional rest will do the trick, but he’ll consider surgery if that’s what needed to be ready for spring training.
- Wednesday will be the final workout of Marlins Fall Development Camp that’s open to the media. Make sure you’re following Isaac Azout for highlights and observations!
- Griffin Conine, Monte Harrison and Demetrius Sims are each nominated for 2021 MiLBY Awards. Vote for them daily through November 3.