What to know about the Fish coming off Monday’s upset win.
Ready, set, click away on these Marlins links:
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 41% chance to win their next game against the Brewers.
- Daniel Rodriguez hosts Tuesday’s Small Pod, focusing on Miami’s impressive showing in the series opener.
- The latest Fish Stripes Live show covered the key matchups between these teams.
- On the injury update front, Brian Anderson (left oblique strain) was cleared for light baseball activities, and Don Mattingly wouldn’t rule out the possibility of him being activated from the IL when eligible on Sunday. Starling Marte (left rib fracture) is further away, however, due to continued discomfort. Starting rotation candidates Elieser Hernandez, Edward Cabrera, Sixto Sánchez and Jorge Guzman are each in the midst of their throwing progressions, with Hernandez planning to have his first bullpen session this week. Miguel Rojas could be getting a day of rest for a lingering forearm/elbow issue.
- Baseball Prospectus explains the fantasy baseball impact that these absences have on the playing time of Jon Berti and Garrett Cooper.
- Much-maligned Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich has stepped down effectively immediately. The search for a permanent replacement won’t take place until after the 2021 season. I wonder if old friend Michael Hill would merit serious consideration.
- Speaking of old friends…
- Workouts have resumed at Marlins minor league camp following a recent COVID-19 outbreak, according to Craig Mish.
- Sandy Alcantara wants some respect from the MLB The Show video game.
- Alcantara (No. 20), Trevor Rogers (No. 33) and Pablo López (No. 36) still place very highly on The List.
- Watch Rogers dismantle the Brew Crew with a heavy diet of high-velocity fastballs.
- Under-the-radar minor league transactions: the Marlins signed infielder Alejandro Salazar and released left-hander Franklin Brioso.
- All of the Marlins players’ game-used jerseys and caps from Jackie Robinson Day are up for auction. Unsurprisingly, items worn by Marte, Mattingly and Jazz Chisholm Jr. are generating the most activity.
- We are transitioning the Fish Picks daily prop bets contest to a special submission form. Bookmark it and check back each afternoon to make your picks!
- Any questions for retired MLB All-Star and World Series champion Charles Johnson? The former Marlins great we’ll be our next guest on the Fish Stripes podcast.