The latest Miami Marlins coverage as the clock ticks down to the MLB trade deadline.
New Farm System Report
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 45% chance to win their series opener against the Yankees.
- Thursday night’s trades (since 4:00 p.m. ET): Cubs 1B Anthony Rizzo to the Yankees for OF Kevin Alcantara and RHP Alexander Vizcaino; Royals LHP Danny Duffy to the Dodgers for PTBNL; Nationals OF Kyle Schwarber to the Red Sox for RHP Aldo Ramirez; Nationals RHP Daniel Hudson to the Padres for RHP Mason Thompson and INF Jordy Barley.
- There’s also a blockbuster in the works that would send Max Scherzer and Trea Turner to the Dodgers, though that is not official yet.
- Craig Mish predicts this to be a “very interesting” day of activity for the Marlins.
- In his Athletics debut, Starling Marte went 1-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base and a run scored. He started in center field and batted in the No. 2 spot. The A’s beat the Angels, 4-0.
- New trade acquisitions Joey Gallo and Anthony Rizzo are expected to make their Yankees debuts against the Fish this weekend.
- Check out Fish Stripes Live via our Twitter/Twitch/YouTube accounts on Friday from 6:00-7:10 p.m. for our immediate post-deadline reactions.
- There is another deadline fast approaching: the period to negotiate contracts with 2021 draft picks ends on Sunday. The Marlins inched closer to filling out their talented class by signing 19th-rounder Noah Williamson, per Craig Mish.
- The Marlins have added more Triple-A pitching depth by inking Bryan Mitchell to a minor league deal. The 30-year-old right-hander owns a 5.15 ERA and 5.05 FIP in 171.1 IP of MLB experience (64 G/20 GS).
- As I write this, Eddy Alvarez and Team USA are leading Israel in their first Tokyo Olympics game. Alvarez already has an RBI double!
- Víctor Víctor Mesa went yard for High-A Beloit after beginning his minors career with 146 straight homerless games.
- Enter to win a game-worn Marlins spring training jersey, courtesy of the Jupiter Hammerheads.