Major League Baseball and its teams are doing their best to make this day memorable for fans despite the lack of live games.
Fish Stripes Top 30 update
Regardless of whether or not there will be a 2020 season, the Fish Stripes staff wanted to put together a new Top 30 that better reflects the state of this loaded Marlins farm system.
The full article contains 4,000-plus words and, as always, plenty of player highlights. Plus we added a new wrinkle by recording and publishing the full rankings process in podcast form (audio player embedded in the article).
We welcome all your questions and feedback.
MLB makes Thursday “Opening Day at Home”
Clever idea by Major League Baseball to combine their cable and digital reach to broadcast classic games for each of the 30 teams’ fanbases.
My recommended viewing schedule for Marlins fans?
- 4:10 p.m. ET—Phillies (Rhys Hoskins) at Marlins (Miguel Rojas) playing MLB The Show 20 live on YouTube. The trash talk promises to be incredible.
- 6 p.m. ET—2003 World Series Game 6 replay on Marlins.com.
- 10 p.m. ET—2017 Home Run Derby at Marlins Park on ESPN2. Yankees slugger Aaron Judge ultimately won, but you’ll recall that Justin Bour and Giancarlo Stanton had great moments as well.
Old Friend TK joins Sev and Geff LIVE
Koehler explains that he is “very comfortable” with his recent retirement decision following a couple injury-riddled seasons. He shares great anecdotes about his minor league development and late teammate José Fernández. Viewers get a peek at his impressive home memorabilia collection, too.
Submit a video about your Marlins fandom to the @SevGeffLIVE Twitter account for a chance to win future game tickets.
- The Marlins have set up a “Fun at Home” section on their official website stuffed with coloring pages, word searches, player development tips and more
- Fish On The Farm unveils an All-Time Baby Fish Team for the High-A Jupiter Hammerheads
- The Athletic includes JDF and Jeff Conine in their inaugural South Florida Hall of Fame class
- Mets right-hander Noah Syndergaard is undergoing Tommy John surgery on Thursday. It’s a boon for the Fish, because even in a best-case scenario, he’s expected to be sidelined through the early portion of the 2021 season.
- Fascinating Swings and Mishes interview with Dan Straily, who was gearing up for his first campaign in the Korea Baseball Organization when the spread of coronavirus complicated those plans. Straily is hopeful that a new curveball will help him rebound from disastrous 2019 numbers with the Orioles.
Just before a National Crisis took hold, former Marlins SP @danstraily67 packed his bags and left for the KBO. Away from his wife and son, he is doing his best to focus on pitching. It isn’t easy. Candid chat on @SwingsAndMishes https://t.co/YqihFO2rRz
— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) March 25, 2020