Photo by Rich von Biberstein/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
However, Miami still picked up a half game on the Phillies.
Former Marlin Marcell Ozuna hit two home runs and knocked in five Tuesday night pacing the Braves to an 11-1 victory over the Marlins. Atlanta also clinched the NL East in the process. Despite the loss, the Marlins still saw their magic number drop from five to three after the Phillies lost both ends of a double-header to the Nationals. Playoff odds are currently at 84.4 percent.
- Starling Marte’s homer provided all of the offense for the Fish. He has been extremely valuable since coming over in a deadline deal, notes Juan Páez.
- The latest Marlins BBQ came out Monday, wherein the guys discuss the remaining schedule and possible playoff rotation.
- Although they haven’t clinched yet, the Marlins will enter the post-season bubble today, along with its taxi squad, which is set and includes several of the franchise’s top prospects.
- Lewis Brinson has been better this season.
- Sean Rodríguez cleared waivers and was outrighted to the alternate training site.
- Former Marlin Wei-Yin Chen is returning to Japan.
- Sixto Sánchez was almost a Mariner.
— Marlins Communications (@MarlinsComms) September 21, 2020