Cats will soldier on without Aaron Ekblad
- WHEN: 7:00 p.m. ET
- WHERE: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- ON THE TUBE: FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Detroit
- ON THE DIAL: 560 WQAM (D/B), 640 WMEN (PB), 1370 WAXE (TC), Thunder 100.3 (Keys)
- SOCIALS: #FlaPanthers, #LGRW, #DETvFLA, @LitterBoxCats, LBC FaceBook
- ENEMY INTEL: Winging It In Motown
- FLA IN SEASON SERIES: Game 7 of 8 (4-2-0)
- LAST MEETING: @DET 2, FLA 1 – (Recap) 2/20/2021
- NEXT MEETING: April 1, 2021
- PROJECTED STARTERS: Bobrovsky (13-5-2 .903/ 2.91 0SO) vs Pickard (2-2-0 .904/ 2.12 0SO)
- PLAYER STATS: Florida / Detroit
Despite the Detroit Red Wings winning their last two games, they’ve still only totaled 12 wins on the season and are the last place team in their division. The Florida Panthers are also on a two game win streak, however, unlike the Red Wings, the Panthers are battling for first place in their division and have totaled 22 wins on the season (in 35 games). In six meetings this year, the Panthers have beaten Detroit four times. These two teams are complete opposites from one another. Florida has a goal differential of +17 and the Red Wings have totaled a -36 goal differential, the fourth worst in the league. Additionally, Detroit has struggled on the road this season only posting a 3-12-1 record, while Florida has been pretty good on home ice posting a 10-4-3 record. The Panthers are being led by Jonathan Huberdeau, scoring 1.14 points per game, and Aleksander Barkov, who’s averaging 1.19 points per game. The Red Wings’ highest scorer is averaging 0.55 points per game.
Detroit has lost their last five road games. They’re scoring the second fewest goals per game with only 2.19. Florida is averaging the seventh most goals per game with 3.25. The Red Wings also have the third worst powerplay in the league only scoring on 11.5% of chances and the Panthers have the seventh best powerplay scoring on 24.8% of chances.
Full preview at Pickswise
Tuesday in the Atlantic (Standings/Panthers Playoff Chances):
- COLUMBUS (13-15-8 34P) at TAMPA BAY (24-8-2 50P) 7 p.m.
- CHICAGO (9-5-4 22P) at CAROLINA (10-3-1 21P) 7:30 p.m. NBCSN
- DALLAS (11-12-9 31P) at NASHVILLE (18-17-1 37P) 8 p.m.
Panthers, SoFla Media & Loyal Opposition on the Tweets